Since many of you have asked for workshops, that has become my goal in 2019. I will list in-person workshops and online workshops on this page as I add them. In the meantime, check out my ebook and my one class on Udemy about art and craft festivals.
As I try to figure out how to put a class online, I decided on Udemy to host them. This is my first attempt at a class so I can learn how to use their system. This class is for artists and crafters interested in doing art and craft festivals. My next few classes will be on the collage process, stay tuned for those. Note: the link will take you Udemy's website with a discounted price.
In this class, you'll learn:
- How to set yourself up as a business with a vendor's license and insurance.
- Resources for research on festivals and demographics.
- How to choose a tent or canopy that right for you and ideas for your display.
- How to set up a pop-up tent by yourself.
- What to expect the day of the show including show etiquette, security, and customers.
- A method for evaluating your sales and compare them to other shows.
Over one hour of information with resources, graphics and shots of me setting up a tent. (It was a windy day, which was a challenge with the sides as you will see.)