What I love about the leg series is that I can tell a story with each one. “The Drunken Artist” is the second piece I did in this series.
What inspired me for this one, were all the invites I seem to get to participate in a Canvas and Wine party. It’s those parties where 20-30 people get together and paint a picture as instructed by an artist, all the while imbibing on a beverage. As an artist, I know I can’t drink and paint. I would not be able to concentrate and that would impact the painting. So, this image shows me, with a glass in my hand and a paint brush in the other. Paint is dripping off the brush, congealing on the floor. That’s what would happen with me, drinking wine and carelessly drip paint everywhere. I probably should have added a dab of paint on the dress too.
I like to find a lot of random images for the artwork. Here’s what to look for:
- For the hair of the brush, I cut out a section of a model’s blond hair.
- The heel of her shoe is a tomato.
- The buttons on her dress are from a chandelier, plus a chandelier can be found in the white part.
- The words, Bombshell and Refine Sexy, appears in the chair. Its what she thinks of herself when drunk.
- A famous dress designer’s body is in the glass.
- Rolling Stone’s Keith Richard’s hand is holding a cigarette.
- Two watches are placed approximately where her nipples would be. Weird, I know.
Special order, limited edition, hand signed 16×20 prints are available.
Read about other collages in the Leg Series: