Collage Art and the Artist
Finding joy in the moment
Ours lives get busy sometimes, don't they? Prior to a jaw surgery in 2013, I was trying to balance my life between running my own video production business, my family life and seeing my friends. I seemed to be running around all the time.
The surgery changed that. I spent six months on a liquid diet and the first few months in bed. My body put all its energy into mending that I was exhausted all the time. Being unable to lift more than 5 lbs, I had to put my video business on hold. As I recovered, time seemed to slow down and started to look, really look, and appreciate all that was around me. I found joy in the simple things: bees pollinating flowers, the way the colors in the sky change as the sun rises, the stillness of a lake, the symphony of insects on a warm summer night, even the snores from my old cat.
I also began to make collages. I enjoy this style because there so much for you to find up close. You have to stop for a moment and study the collage to appreciate the small things. I hope my art reminds you to do that in life and that they bring you as much joy as they do for me when I make them.
- 2021 Best Of Show, Akron Arts Expo, Akron, OH
- 2021 Jurors Award, May Show At Lakeland, Kirtland, OH
- 2018 Honorable Mention from Boston Mills Artfest, Peninsula, OH
- 2017 First Place for Non-Traditional Art from Art in the Park, Medina, OH
- 2017 Judges Selection Award from Cain Park, Cleveland Hts, Oh
- 2016 Honorable Mention from Art on the Green, Hudson, OH
The Personal Stuff
News, Press and Media
To learn more, please view the various television interviews and press about my art. Click here for the links.