Here's my version of a Sugar Skull for the Mexican holiday of Day of the Dead , Dia de Muertos, made from ripped magazines. For those who don’t know, I had major jaw surgery five years ago, which rebooted my life and I began to create art. The yellow flowers on the cheeks represent the the braces I permanently have on my skull holding my upper jaw in place. The pink flowers on the lower jaw are the three pins on each side that hold my lower jaw in place. Whenever my mother gets a cold, she always says her nose runs like a faucet. So, you see a faucet in the nose. You will also find hands, an oven, part of a spoon, and a kitten.
NOTE ON SIZE:
This is a standard size print. The size listed are the dimensions of the actual image and has a one inch, white border outside of the image. It is mounted on a larger backboard.
- Prints that are 8”x10” are mounted on an 11”x14” mat board
- Print that are 11”x14” are mounted on an 16”x20” mat board
For framing, I suggest choosing a frame the size of the mat board, that already has a mat in it, and the print will fit nicely in that.
- Prints are limited editions giclees printed on 100% cotton, acid free, archival matte paper. Pigmented inks are used for vivid colors and longer lifespan. Each is numbered, signed by the artist, limited to 250, printed with a white border and mounted on acid free mat board.
- NOTE: Prints 16x20 and larger, will not have the mat board and will be shipped rolled in a tube. My local printer, who does the printing for this size has moved. To keep prices lower, this size is not signed or numbered. The print will ship directly from his gallery.
- Prints are usually ready to ship in 3-5 business days. They are mailed in a large flat mailer via USPS. Extra large prints without mats are shipped in a mailing tube. If, for any reason, it may take longer, you will be notified by email.
- Please Note: The purchase price is for the physical artwork and does not include permission for the copyright. The Artist retains the copyright and reserves all reproduction rights. It may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of the Artist.